EDUCATION AND DEGREES COMPLETED
- 07.2011 – Master in “Theory, Techniques and Management in the Arts and Entertainment” (Degree Category: Entertainment and Multimedia Productions) Faculty of Human Sciences, Bergamo University of Studies, Italy. Thesis – Theater Chronicles from Biopolitical Maelstrom: Thomas Bernhard, Prof. Amelia Valtolina, German Theatrical Literature, Final Evaluation 109/110.
- 03.2007 – Bachelor’s Degree in “Public and Institutional Mass Media Communication” (Degree Category: Communication Sciences), Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Bergamo University of Studies, Italy. Thesis – Antonin Artaud: A Black Hole in the Universe of Theater, Prof. Bernadette Majorana, History of Theater and Entertainment, Final Evaluation 105/110.
- 2019 – Present: “Lead Expert Evaluator” for funding applications of Small and Large Scale Educational, Audiovisual and Cultural Cooperation projects at EACEA/”Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency” (Creative Europe Programme), Brussels, EU (part-time several months per year).
- 2020 – Present: Expert Evaluator at COST Association – European Cooperation in Science and Technology, Brussels, EU
- Expert Evaluator at COST Association – European Cooperation in Science and Technology, Brussels, EU, 2020 – Present.
- Editor and co-founder of “A_K_S Revista”, a blog-magazine on art, culture and spectacle 2013 – Present
- Expert Evaluator “EACEA” (Creative Europe), Brussels, EU, November 2015 – Present
- Art Curator and Project Manager at “Tirana Art Lab”, Tirana, Albania 2014 – 2018
- Invited Researcher at Institut National d’Histoire de l’Art (INHA – Paris) – Program Profession Culture 2016, International Affairs’ Department of Ministry of Culture.
- Culture Division Manager – ADRIAPOL INSTITUTE, Tirana Albania / March 2014 – August 2014
- Lecturer at Polis University, Tirana, Albania 2011-2013
- Member part-time “Teatro Tascabile di Bergamo”, Bergamo, Italy 2008-2011
- Lecturer/Tutor “Bergamo University of Studies”, Italy January-May 2008
- Editor Co-Founder of “Karasciò. Rivista di Cinema. Letture e Visioni” Bergamo University’s magazine on film criticism 2006-2008
- Teacher/Trainer “ANGELS”, School of Dance, Art and Theater, Bergamo, Italy, 2002-2011
- 10.2011 – 05.2013: Lecturer at Polis University, Tirana, Albania. Lecturer of “Architecture of Theatre and Scenography”, “Cinema and Society”, “Art Critique and Writing”, “Art and Public Spaces”, “Art Management” (each course five credits x 30 hours).
- 01.2008 – 05.2008: Lecturer/Tutor “Bergamo University of Studies”. Co-organizer/creator of theater laboratory “Body and Voice of the Words” (5 credits x 30 hours).
- 09.2002 – 06.2011: Part-time Teacher/Trainer “ANGELS – School of Dance, Art and Theater”, Bergamo, Italy. “Acting in Dance” course, “Pilates” and “Feldenkreis”.
- “Double Feature 10 – Jora Vaso & Theo Napoloni“, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana, Albania (co-curator with the artists.
- “Silent Performances, or the Ghettization of a City” – Olsi Bogdani, Arens Dobi, Anxhela Shehi, Claudia Imami, Angjelo Sevo, Suela Biba, Emanuela Gjonaj, Marinela Sufa, Frensi Duka, Emanuela Kullaj, in the framework of Artivism project of ArtKontakt, Tirana, Albania (co-curator with the artists).
- “Heroes We Love – Partisan Songspiel: A Belgrade Story“, Chto delat? / Vladan Jeremić & Rena Raedle, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana, Albania (co-curator with Adela Demetja)
- “Double Feature 6 – Sokol Peçi & Slobodan Stošić“, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana, Albania (co-curator with Adela Demetja and the artists)
- “Downside Up” – Artists: Arbër Elezi, Igli Marion, Lori Lako Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with the artists)
- “Triple Feature 5 – Çeta / Georgia Kotretsos / Pleurad Xhafa”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana, Albania (Co-curator with the artists)
- “Double Feature #2 – Viola Bittl / Alma Bakiaj”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with Adela Demetja and the artists)
- “Smoke. Biomechanics of Power – Nico Angiuli”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with the artist)
- “Double Feature #3 – Elton Baxhaku / Fabrizio Bellomo”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with the artists)
- “De-Ludii” – Artist: Ergin Zaloshnja, co-curator with the artist and Miza Gallery, Tirana, Albania
- “The Chronic” – Artists: Matilda Odobashi / Dritan Hyska, co-curator with the artists and Zeta Gallery, Tirana Albania
- “Erasure” – Group Exhibition, co-curator and participant with the artists, National Historical Museum, Tirana Albania
- “Double Feature #1 – Ibro Hasanović / Nemanja Cvijanović”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with Adela Demetja)
- “Concert #3 Continuum – ANTEZ”, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana Albania (Co-curator with the artist)
- “Erasure 2 – A Modest Proposal” – A theater piece inspired by Jonathan Swift’s essay, director and co-dramatist with the actors Alfred Trebicka and Rozi Kostani, National Experimental Theater “Kujtim Spahivogli”, Tirana, Albania, 2015.
- “Pierrot Recycling” – Video/Performance, co-artwork with child laborers, Tirana, Albania, 2016
- “Gradual” – Video 4:44, Tirana, Albania, 2016
- “The Gut 3 – Pharmakopoeia” – Video 4:20, Tirana, Albania, 2015
- “The Artist is not Present” – an open performance (8 hours) to the public participation, Tirana, Albania, 2015
- “The Gut Reloaded” – Video/Performance 6:53, Tirana, Albania, 2014
- “Living Findings” – Video 4:38, a work realized with the discarded images of the documentarists Elton Baxhaku and Eriona Çami, Tirana, Albania, 2014
- “Solarized Brush Strokes” – Video 3:46, a work realized with the discarded images of the documentarists Elton Baxhaku and Eriona Çami, Tirana, Albania, 2014
- “Diamo i colori” – Performace/Installation, co-work with Roma community and Eriona Çami, Tirana, Albania, 2014
- “Erasure … We Would Prefer Emilio Isgrò” – Mural/Collage, Tirana, Albania, 2014
- “The Gut” – Video/Performance 6:22, Tirana, Albania, 2013 (this work is co-produced with studio203 which has released its own version).
EXPERIENCE OF ORGANIZING SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
- 29/05/2020: “From Boulevard to Boulevardisation. Short chronicle of urban globalization, from Tirana to Helsinki”. Lecture at Metropolitan University, Tirana, Albania.
- 11/12.04.2019: “Cinema in Architecture in Cinema” seminar, Metropolitan University. Tirana, Albania. Role: organizer and lecturer. Participant Speakers: 2.
- 24-29.07.2018: “Center of Integration”, series of lectures, talks, and performances organized by Tirana Art Lab in collaboration with the collective Patriotisme. Role: co-organizer and lecturer. Participants: 12. https://patriotisme.org/13584589
- 01.03.2017: “Monumentalization of Power, Architecture and Urban Practices in the Balkans and the Mediterranean” conference at the University of Aix-en-Provence Marseille, France. Role: co-organizer. Participant Speakers: 10. Supported by TELEMMe-Temps, Espaces, Langages, Europe Méridionale – Méditerranée
- 29/30.04.2016: “The Art of Socialist Period Between Disdain, Fetishism and Transition” conference at The Albanian National Museum of History, Tirana. Role: organizer and speaker. Participant Speakers: 10. Supported by Creative Europe and Allianz Kulturstiftung. https://kulturstiftung.allianz.de/content/dam/onemarketing/kulturstiftung/kulturstiftung/foerderprojekte/bildende-kunst/heroes-we-love-2016/16-program-tirana-29-30.04.pdf
PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCES & TRANSLATIONS
“Cynicism and collaborationists in arts. Destroying monuments and art in Albania.” presentation in the framework of “Friday 17th: Two Months Without Teatri Kombëtar”, organized by Forum dell’Art Contemporanea Italiana, 17/07/2020.
“Ditët e arkitekturës dhe filmit. Seminare të hapura mbi: Unfinished Spaces/Alysa Nahmias/Benjamin Murray dhe Saper vedere l’architettura/Bruno Zevi; The Belly of an Architect/Peter Geenaway dhe Architecture. Essai sur l`art/Étienne-Louis Boullée; Citizen Jane/Matt Tyrnauer dhe The Death and Life of Great American Cities/Jane Jacobs”, Universiteti Metropolitan i Tiranës, prill 2019.
“Skanderbeg Square and TID Tower, Tirana, Albania, by 51N4E”, in The Architectural Review, Issue 1454, Vol. CCIXLIV, September 2018.
“The Mystery of the Albanian Art Between Lines”, lecture in the framework of “Center of Integration”, a collaboration between Tirana Art Lab and Patriotisme. Tirana Art Lab, 24/07/2018, Tiranë, Albania.
“Dall’immagine simulacrale dell’artista all’immagine monumentale del potere politico: Edi Rama, Anri Sala, Edi Hila”, intervento nella giornata di studi “I monumenti nella città contemporanea. Immagini del potere / riflesso del sociale (Balcani-Mediterraneo)”, Institut Française di Firenze, 2018.
“Architectural Monumentalism in Transitional Albania”, Studia Ethnologica Croatica, Vol.29 No.1, Zagreb, Croatia, 2017.
“The art from the Lascaux Caves to COD (Center for Openness and Dialogue). Discovering and discaverning Edi Rama” – DeMaterializacija umetnosti, Serbia, 2017.
“Pyramidal Disclosure. Production of Artistic Subjectivity in Albania”, in “Heroes We Love. Ideology, Identity and Socialist Art in the New Europe“, Maribor Art Gallery Publication, Maribor, Slovenia, 2017.
“Making, producing and resisting. Arts and traumas in Albania: the Boulevard, the Park, the Landfill” – Kadist (France) / Lumbardhi (Kosovo) “Europa Enterprise: On Commoning” seminar in the framework of Nataša Petrešin-Bachelez’s project “Not fully human, not human at all”, Prizren, Kosovo, 2017.
“The Boulevard: a monument for spectacle consumers.”, conference “Monumentalisation du pouvoire et espace public dans les Balkans et en Mediterranee” – UMR TELEMMe, Fondation Camargo, LabexMed – Aix en Provence, France, 2017.
“Downside Up” – Arbër Elezi, Lori Lako, Igli Marion Exhibition’s catalogue, Tirana Art Lab, Tirana, Albania, 2016.
“Pyramidal Disclosure. Production of Artistic Subjectivity in Albania”, Tirana Art Lab conference The Art of the Socialist Period between Contempt, Fetishism and Transition, Tirana, Albania, 2016.
“Six Dramas – Harold Pinter” – dramatic adviser and editing, Pika pa Sipërfaqe, Tirana, Albania, 2016.
“The Paper Canoe: A Guide to Theatre Anthropology” – translation (from Italian to Albanian) of Eugenio Barba’s book, Tirana, Albania 2015.
“Lost and Found in Transition: Space Between Art and Politics” – Off Biennale Symposium, Budapest, Hungary, 2015.
“Architectural Monumentalism in Transitional Albania” – Symposium Socialist Monuments and Modernism, Blok, Zagreb, Croatia, 2015
“Semantics, Architecture and Urban Planning: Tirana 1925 – 2015” – Forum “Right to the City”, Struga, Macedonia, 2015.
“Proxemic Space in Albanian Architecture and Urbanism: 1925-2015” – Conference “Heroes We Love”, Maribor Art Gallery, Slovenia, 2015.
“Red Punctum” – Catalogue’s text of workshop and exhibition of “Let Us start from the Middle”, Artists: Effi & Amir; Guest Artists: Ergin Zaloshnja, Matilda Odobashi, Driton Selmani, Era Tula and Pleurad Xhafa – Belgium 2015.
“The Chronic” – Exhibition’s Catalogue – ZETA Gallery, Tirana, Albania, 2014.
“Praktika skizogjene dhe proksemia e hapësirës: ‘Blloku’ i Tiranës” in “Polifoni pa fustanellë”, Black Box – University of Arts, Tirana, Albania, 2013.
PERSONAL RESEARCH FUNDING AND GRANTS
- 05.2016 – 08.2016: Invited Researcher at Institut National d’Histoire de l’Art in Paris (INHA). I was granted for the year 2016 as “Invited Researcher” of INHA which guaranteed travelling, per diem food expenses, hotel and a monthly stipend of 1200 euro. Unfortunately I do not know the overall amount which was supported by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication in the framework of the Programme Profession Culture.
- 09.02.2017 – 02.03.2017: International Multidisciplinary Research Group Residence “Monumentalization of Power, Architecture and Urban Practices in the Balkans and the Mediterranean” in Cassis, France, supported by Camargo Foundation. Role: project writing for the application, co-organizer of all meetings during the residence and of the final conference as well as speaker. Even in this case I do not know the overall amount of the residence which comprised travel, hotel, per diem food and 30 euro daily/person granted by the foundation.
OTHER KEY SCIENTIFIC OR ACADEMIC MERITS
- 2006 – 2008: Co-Founder & Co-Editor of the student magazine on film criticism “Karasciò. Rivista di Cinema. Letture e Visioni” Bergamo University of Studies, Italy. Unfortunately few years ago the Bergamo University website was re-designed and the online texts of “Karasciò” were not re-uploaded.
- 2012 – 2013: Co-Editor & Co-Founder of the “MAD Magazine”, production of Multimedia, Art and Design Center & Gallery of Polis University, Albania. https://issuu.com/polisuniversity/docs/m.a.d_magazine_2
- 2015 – Present: “Expert Evaluator” for funding applications of Small and Large Scale Educational, Audiovisual and Cultural Cooperation projects at EACEA/”Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency” (Creative Europe Program), Brussels, UE.
- From September 2019: Part of the Quality Lead Experts Panel for the final decision of the call “Bridging Culture and Audiovisual Content Through Digital” at EACEA/”Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency” (Creative Europe Program), Brussels, UE.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION EXPERIENCES (examples)
- 2018 – 2019: Supported by ArtKontakt in the framework of the project Artivism I organized a series of public performance focused on the urban development and people displacement in Tirana involving ethnic minorities, sub-proletarian classes, children as well as art students from Tirana’s Artistic Liceum and University of Arts. The series “Silent Performances, or the Ghettization of a City” wanted to raise awareness on forms influencing the content and content influencing the forms through focusing on the urban ghettos, of the rich people, closed by the their Palestinian West Bank style walls, and on the ghettos of the sub-proletarians, similar to Theresienstadt for the “Albanian” poor classes and Auschwitz for Roma and other minorities. The performances were documented by posters and photos, which were part of ArtKontakt Artivism exhibition in Tirana and the international exhibition of Museum of Contemporary Art Vojvodina/Serbia, “My Art is My Reality”.
- 2014 – 2018: During my quadrennial experience at “Tirana Art Lab – Center for Contemporary Art” as project manager, curator and researcher, in accordance with the executive director and the board, I re-conceptualized the idea of laboratory of the center in an applied rhizomatic concept, where all artwork productions and events of the institution were based on the polyphony of the artists, curators, public. All the exhibitions were the outcomes of participatory research based artistic and cultural productions. The intention of this institution’s re-conceptualization was to question the power of institutionalization and subjectivism. For more info see the institutions projects and events from 09.2014 – 12.2018: http://www.tiranaartlab.org/en
- 2014 – 2015: After the new government urban interventions in Tirana, people from the peripheries (Roma, minorities, and in general the poorest classes of the Albanian society) faced the “power of the Law” with all its aesthetic and rhetoric apparatuses. Illegal houses, which for years were legal enough to pay electricity and water bills to the government, were erased by the government bulldozers. Supported by the Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), I organized a project involving these communities and representative artists to produce art works which were displayed in the framework of “Erasure” exhibition, in December 2014 at the Albanian National Museum of History, in Tirana. https://www.balkanweb.com/shtepizeza-arti-si-gjenerator-makthesh/ . In 2015, after the continuous erasures of houses of the same classes, and after a mother of Roma ethnicity, living under a bridge between Tirana and Durrës, saw her child frozen to death in her arms, with the support of OSFA, in December 2015, I organized, created and directed, within the framework of the project “Erasure 2”, a theatrical piece inspired by Jonathan Swift “A Modest Proposal …”, which was staged at “The National Experimental Theatre Kujtim Spahivogli” in Tirana. https://javanews.al/106729-2/
- Albanian (mother tongue)
- Italian (academic)
- English (academic)
- Spanish (academic)
- Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian (good)
- Latin (basic)
- French (basic)